Best #%$& cinnamon rolls in the WORLD!

image_1

I have never made cinnamon rolls before but love them. But with a cinnamon roll hating boyfriend it seemed like I would be the only one eating them. So when my supper club did brunch I seized the opportunity. Based on reviews, Alton Brown's Overnight Cinnamon Roll recipe was the one to try.

This recipe seems a lot more intimidating than it is. I hate rolling dough because I suck at it but I pulled up the youtube video of Alton Brown making these rolls and moved right along with him.When I pulled them out of the oven cinnamon hater said they smelled awesome and said he's like to try one.

These tasted amazing! The dough was light and the filling was the perfect mix of cinnamon and brown sugar. I used Penzey's Vietnamese Cinnamon and did not adjust the measurements. They were a huge hit at the brunch and I manged to save one for Jim. His verdict? He liked it. A lot! But when he talked about other rolls he's had he did say they were soggy and unappealing. So now he's a fan.

Recipe HERE

5 comments:

Jennifer (jjsooner) said...

OK, the next time I have an occasion to share, I want to try these. I've never made cinnamon rolls, but my late grandma made some that were incredible.
Thanks for posting!

Cheryl R said...

I love the idea of watching Alton's video. I'm also impaired when it comes to rolling dough. I may give them a try

Angelica said...

I loooooove cinnamon rolls, in Sweden we don't put icing on top but we brush the rolls with some egg and sprinkle over pearl sugar. I'd like to think this version is healthier than the icing-covered ones.

Your rolls look amazing tho, well done :)

Anonymous said...

Advice from Mom on rolling out dough, any kind of dough: roll and rest, i.e. roll from center in all directions and then wait about 30 seconds to let the dough rebound. Then roll and rest again. Repeat until dough is desired size. Takes a little patience, but as Alton says, your patience will be rewarded.

Anonymous said...

Microwave ovens

You can clean your microwave and eliminate odors with vinegar. Pour 1/4 cup white vinegar and 1 cup water in a small glass or ceramic bowl, and then microwave on high for 5 minutes. The steam from the vinegar water will remove any odors and will soften baked-on splatters. Open the oven door and allow some of the steam to escape before you start to wipe down the walls. After the vinegar water cools down, dip a sponge or cloth into the water and use it to wipe off the inside surfaces of the microwave and around the door seals.Kitchen Equipment